FIND A JOB
Next-Gen Pastor – Raleigh, NC
Position Description:The Next Gen Pastor at Vision Church in Raleigh, NC, will play a crucial and dynamic role in supporting the overall ministry and pastoral care for our Next Generation and their families within our church community. Working closely alongside the Lead Pastor, the Next Gen Pastor will spearhead efforts to create a nurturing and spiritually enriching environment for families to thrive, directly overseeing the kids, student, and young adult ministries. What we’re looking for Our ideal candidate is a visionary leader with deep passion and conviction to shepherd the next generation to know, love, and find their identity in Jesus Christ. The individual will be a self-aware self-starter with a passion for administration and organization along with relational leadership. An influential communicator who can think on their feet, solve problems, and inspire action. Extensive collaboration with our dedicated directors, staff, and volunteer teams is crucial as we grow the NextGen programs that support our kids, youth, and families. This individual will be the driving force behind recruiting, equipping, and unleashing leaders to invest in the lives of our kids, students and young adults. Your role extends to modeling integrity, living out Biblical truth, and actively participating in the mission of Vision Church. Principal Responsibilities:
- Craft and clearly communicate vision and strategy for all Next Gen ministries. The Next Generation Pastor will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of kids, students and young adults through weekly gatherings, groups, leader teams, and special events. This includes the weekly Kids, Student, and YA programming.
- Responsible for overseeing the aesthetic, organization, and cleanliness of the environment and atmosphere.
- Provide leadership, direction, and training for all Kids, Student, and Young Adult Team members. This includes the ability to recruit, equip, train, and lead volunteers to serve in Next Gen ministries.
- Provide training and ongoing support to ensure a high level of excellence in all family-focused programs.
- Be involved and engaged in our local school system.
- Invest in kids, students, and young adults where they are (school, games, competitions, concerts, etc.)
- Manage Vision Kids, Students, and Young Adult ministry budget, resources, and program scheduling.
- Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculum and supplies for both large and small group teaching environments.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, activities, and communication.
- Communicate with families consistently about upcoming events, curriculum, announcements and any changes in the Next Gen ministries.
- Oversee the NextGen Ministries security and background checks of all Dream Team Members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Administratively-minded individual who is process and detail oriented, with an ability to see the big picture.
- High capacity, self-starting, multi-tasking individual, comfortable working independently in a high-paced environment, while maintaining good judgment in decision making and prioritization.
- Experience managing and training people.
- To be licensed by a state within the United States or be an ordained minister.
- Bachelor's Degree (required) or Master's degree (preferred).
- Prior experience in Next Gen ministries or a related associate pastoral role, 3-5 years required.