Shepherd Staff is honored to be working with First Free Church in Manchester, MO, as they search for their next Senior High Pastor. First Free is an Evangelical Free Church in the suburban area of St. Louis, MO. The church held its first service on June 19,1983. First Free has experienced many years of growth, and sits on a beautiful location with an incredible facility. The Senior High Pastor at First Free will report to the Pastor of Family Ministries as a key ministry lead within the family ministry department. The pastor will be responsible for leading all Senior High programming, discipleship, activities, and milestones at a collaborative peer level with the Junior High Student Pastor. The ideal candidate must be a committed follower of Jesus who demonstrates an authentic walk with God and consistent spiritual disciplines. They must be a gifted leader passionate about developing students, ministering to families, and serving the next generation. They should also be experienced in leading a large student ministry and developing leaders who build strong student leadership teams.
The Senior High Pastor is responsible for leading First Free’s ministry to students in grades 9-12. This includes:
- Provide leadership and vision to Senior High and volunteers.
- Develop students and volunteers through the use of the Leadership Pipeline.
- Assist in the creation of weekly programs, special events, retreats, mission trips, and camps designed to facilitate students’ spiritual development.
- Provide pastoral care to students and their families.
- Ministry Leadership Work with the Student Ministries staff and lead volunteers to develop a sound program of relevant, life-changing, Bible instruction.
- Oversee the planning and administration of Senior High camps, retreats, mission trips, and outreach events.
- Adult Ministry – Proactively create opportunities to come alongside parents.
- Oversee recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Staff Collaboration – Work with staff to develop leadership pathways for students and volunteers.
- Strategically create opportunities for students to interact, serve, and connect with the church body as a whole.
To apply, click here.