The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry serves in a pastoral role to the students at Asbury Church. The student ministry team functions as a whole for all aspects of the ministry, but the Associate Director of Middle School Student Ministry will be the primary advocate, planner and trainer specifically for grades 6 thru 8.
Asbury Church is the largest Methodist Church in North Alabama with over 3000 members and a storied history of 35 years of growth from 300 charter members in a warehouse to multiple services, venues and worship styles, six buildings and two campuses. The main campus is located just adjacent to Huntsville, Alabama in the City of Madison. Madison is known for its nationally recognized schools, educated families and high tech companies.
The Associate Director will serve on a cohesive team that loves the adventures of student ministry and works well together. The student ministry team is blessed to have a unified vision with the church and the support of over 70 adult volunteers who lead small groups of students while experiencing life and the pursuit of Christ together. There are over 300 students who attend the middle and high schools groups each week in addition to special events, mission experiences, and retreats throughout the year. Our church, staff and volunteers work together to make these events meaningful and memorable for the students. Over the years, many former students return to Asbury to serve with the Church and Asbury Students.
The student ministry staff team is composed of the Director of Student Ministries, Associate Director of High School Ministry, Associate Director of Middle School Ministry, Administrative Coordinator, and one intern. Regular Full-time (40 hrs/wk), Salaried Position, Plus Benefits
Goals and Initiatives for The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry:
Asbury is a vision and goal-oriented church. We ask each of our staff to create one to three smart goals for their position that will embrace the vision of both the Student Ministry Team and Asbury Church. In addition to these smart goals, we also ask for team members to identify one to two initiatives that they can work towards throughout the year. These initiatives would be unique to their position, yet would effectively impact the quality of the student ministry as a whole. These goals and initiatives run August through May and are reviewed and re-evaluated every summer. This system has been a great tool to help us focus on and improve the things that really matter in the lives of our students.
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required
- Two years of full-time paid experience in church student ministry of 70+ students
- Background of Biblical knowledge and teaching preferred
- Works well in a team atmosphere and can champion a vision put before them
- Solid grounding in Scripture; evidence of a vital, mature, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Leadership style that is people-focused, results-oriented, and adaptable to frequent change
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time and schedules well and to meet deadlines consistently
- High capacity for organization and multi-tasking projects
- An anointing of the Holy Spirit to disciple, lead, and mentor students
Qualified candidates, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply now.