Cypress Lake United Methodist Church has a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry position open. Cypress UMC is one of the largest worshipping communities in the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church, with 1,000 in worship. The Church is blessed with a talented lay leadership team and an exciting staff.
The Director of Children’s Ministry reports to the Pastor of Youth Ministry and is responsible for overseeing the vision and implementation of the children’s ministry and discipleship at the church. The Director will work with the discipleship-focused pastoral team, staff, and laity to achieve the mission and vision of the church. Specific responsibilities include overall development, planning, and implementation of an engaging ministry for children from birth through fifth grade, including the selection of curriculum, activity planning, and implementation of special events. The Director must be skilled at recruiting, training, empowering, and supervising a large laity servant leadership team to accomplish these responsibilities. The Director also must be committed to forming lasting, impactful relationships with parents and caregivers, also guiding them in their journeys as parents and disciples.
- Professing Christian
- Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry, Education, or related field preferred but not
- Experience in providing Christian-based education for children, with experience in a United
Methodist Church preferred but not required
- One year of experience supervising employees preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and staff
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to build and empower effective teams
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with experience in church management or children’s check-in
Qualified candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to apply.