Augusta United Methodist Church is searching for a Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries (DCYM). It is a full-time position with ministry responsibilities related to children, youth, and their families. The DCYM ensures the day-to-day operations of the ministries run effectively in order to help Augusta UMC children, youth, and their families know God’s love, grow in God’s love, and show God’s love. Responsibilities include:
- Maintains a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Holds scriptural knowledge and United Methodist theology.
- Creates a Christ-like environment whereby children and youth are given an opportunity to know God’s love, grow in God’s love, and show God’s love with one another and the world around them.
- Coordinates with the Pastor to ensure the vision for the children’s and youth ministries align with the overall church’s vision.
- Nurtures warm, caring, authentic relationship with children, youth, and adults. Must value and honor confidentiality and healthy boundaries.
- Oversees balanced programs that engage families where they are and encourages them to the next level in knowing, growing, and showing God’s love.
- Communicates clearly and compassionately.
- Leads recruiting, training, and celebrating children and youth ministry volunteers.
- Advises and works with staff and key volunteers to guarantee the quality of the ministries and the effective use of resources.
- Serves as a partner to parents/guardians and the community in nurturing children and youth to know, grow, and show God’s love in their lives within and beyond the church walls.
- Serves as a team member of the staff, enthusiastically supporting the efforts and direction of the church.
- Coordinates with the finance committee to develop and function within an annual budget.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Maintains flexibility and possesses a teachable spirit with a willingness to learn, grow, assess, and adjust in order to be an effective minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ in Augusta, KS.
- Seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth through reading, trainings, and networking. Maintains an understanding of current trends in children’s and youth ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is minimum requirement.
- Five to ten years of local church experience is desired.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, recent photo, pastoral reference, professional reference, and personal reference to Pastor Steve Spencer.