Lake Bowen Baptist Church is looking for a full-time Student Pastor. They hosted their first service at 404 Sugar Ridge Rd on March 3, 2002 after formerly being Rock Hill Baptist Church at its original location about 3 miles away. LBBC aims to DELIVER the Gospel, DISCIPLE the Christian, and DEPLOY the Christ Follower through the ministries that take place at “the 404”. Our staff all affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and we are led by our Senior Pastor, Rev Brad Atkins along with multiple full time and part time staff members that help lead us to fulfill our 4 core values of Living a life of Service, Living a life of Worship, Living a life on Mission, and Living a Life in Biblical Community.
- Provide direction and oversight for the Student Ministry (grades 6-College) while functioning on the LBBC team of ministerial and support staff.
- Oversee the Student Ministry by providing leadership to the staff/volunteers, creating and sustaining systems for communication, events, training initiatives, and providing vision and innovation for the growth and expansion of the ministry as God leads.
- Execute the vision of LBBC with strategic planning, implementation, alignment with ongoing evaluation of environments, and oversight of the ministry budget.
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of adult volunteers who will be empowered to do the work of the ministry.
- Plan and execute weekly gatherings that incorporate biblical teaching, small group interaction, and relational ministry.
- Partner with parents to engage and empower them in their biblical role of discipleship of their student.
- Develop ministry opportunities aimed at reaching the unchurched, leading them to Jesus, establishing them in their faith, and equipping them to serve.
- Oversee the process of camps, mission trips, and other outreach events for students.
- Invest in students’ lives outside of ministry programming.
- Commitment to professional ministry development.
- A proven track record of leadership consistent with the skills necessary to establish a growing ministry and a proven background of working in a setting that has had interactions with people from multi-generational backgrounds.
- Experience working as an effective leader consistent with the skills necessary for serving as the leader of ministry teams, ability with fulfilling the responsibilities of providing vision and leadership for small and large scale student ministry gatherings.
- Have proven to be a high performer with the ability to tackle large, creative projects with definite time lines and the ability to work with others.
- Skilled in identifying, attracting, equipping and recruiting new leaders.
- Experience in empowering people and leading teams of staff/volunteers
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to administer and organize budgets, events, and ministry communications.
- Able to anticipate needs, creatively find solutions, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to fulfill the vision of the church.
- Able to confidently use computer software/programs such as Word, Excel, Apple platforms, and easily learn web-based systems.
- Demonstrate a personal faith in the Lord Jesus
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply Biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, loyalty, and honor for Godly leadership
- A “pastor’s heart” with a calling to minister to students and their families.
- Teachable and humble attitude with a servant’s heart.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities, proven track record in supporting their local church body, and a record of spiritual maturity that is consistent with the various Biblical requirements for church leadership
- A Team player with a positive attitude.
Qualified candidates, please apply by clicking Apply Now.