Forest Park Christian Church in Tulsa, OK, seeks a paid Part-Time Director of Children and Youth Ministry. Flexible hours, with an average of 15 – 20 hours per week. Sunday is a required workday. This role will generally oversee ministries to children and youth ages 0 – 18. Purpose: The goal of the Director is to facilitate an environment where children and youth can explore their faith, grow their relationships with God and each other, and find our church to be a safe community that will both encourage and nurture them. The Director is expected to be directly engaged with the youth ministry. The Director will hold a more administrative role in the children’s ministry. Responsibilities:
- For children (ages 0 – 5th grade) – Supervise Nursery staffing for Sunday mornings
- Oversee Worship & Wonder (Children’s Church) team
- Oversee VBS team
- Oversee JYF (Junior Youth Fellowship 3rd -5th grade) program
- For youth: (grades 6 – 12) – Plan and lead regular youth group meetings for Chi Rho (6th – 8th grade) and CYF (Christian Youth Fellowship 9th -12th grade)
- Plan events for the youth beyond regular youth group for both play (ie annual ski trip) and to build social justice awareness and engagement (ie youth missions opportunities)
- For all ages (0 – 18) – Recruit & equip adult volunteers to work with children & youth
- Facilitate Sunday School for ages 4- 18
- Coordinate with church-wide committees on church-wide events geared towards children & youth (ie Easter Egg hunt; Back to School Bash; Trunk or Treat etc).
- Partner with Senior Pastor and Traditional Music Director to include youth and children in worship
About Forest Park Christian Church: Forest Park is a progressive Disciples of Christ congregation situated in south Tulsa, OK. Our church is inclusive and actively seeking ways to live out Jesus’s radical love by serving our community. We are passionate about demonstrating this love by hosting a “Blessing Box” open food pantry, partnering with a local elementary school, serving families in housing transition through Family Promise, and more.
About you: You are looking for an opportunity to help youth & children grow in their Christian belief and faith in a theologically progressive congregation. You have at least 3 years experience working with youth and/or children in a ministry setting. You’re organized and have the ability to communicate effectively with all ages. And you want to lead a team of adults to help you nurture youth & children to grow in their faith.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.