Fellowship Wesleyan Church is looking to hire their next Director of Children’s Ministry. Director of Children’s Ministry Central Goal for this Position: To provide safe, life-giving, and age appropriate ministry to children ages birth to 5th grade and be the point person to connect parents to the ministry.
Position Summary: First and foremost, we need an enthusiastic leader who puts volunteers in place to succeed at using their gifts. There will be expectations to properly oversee all aspects of Children’s Ministry including Sunday Mornings, Wednesday nights, VBS, and other experiences to help children learn about their faith. While there is no expectation to be a master of all of these things, there is an expectation of continual learning, empowering volunteers to learn and act, and a commitment to improve our presentation each and every day.
Theology: Must be willing to serve under the standards of the Wesleyan Church ( https://www.wesleyan.org/about/our-beliefs )
- Oversee the Nursery and Sunday School Classes each week.
- Oversee the God’s Girl’s MInistry.
- Oversee and empower the Royal Rangers Ministry
- Build and maintain good relationships with the preschool and the Mother’s of Preschoolers group (M.O.P.s).
- Participate in bimonthly staff meetings and be fully bought into the mission, vision, and covenant that we participate in at Fellowship Wesleyan Church.
- Willing to work with local Children’s ministries for new ideas and encouragement.
- Work with the Preschool director to oversee Vacation Bible School
Education: Preferably 4 year program or equivalent with training in Education.
Experience: Participated in either a school, caretaking, or a church setting of ministry. We would also prefer someone with a background in education, christian education, or christian studies.
- Life Long Learner
- Willingness to do Whatever it Takes
- Footwashing Leadership
- Excellent Communicator
- Tenacious and Resourceful Doer
- Loving Personality
Resourceful Learner Hours: We are expecting the person who fills this position to work between 40-45 hours a week and will be compensated based on hours and experience.
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to DavidS@FellowshipWesleyan.org or click apply now.