Sharptown UMC is looking for their next Director of Youth Ministry. Sharptown United Methodist Church is a minister to the whole family but is primarily responsible for the program and discipleship strategies of students in seventh to twelfth grades.
They will collaborate with the pastoral staff, equip the youth ministry volunteer staff, and partner with parents to:
- Create and oversee strategic direction and tactical execution of all Youth Ministry initiatives.
- Develop and implement “inreach” and “outreach” strategies focusing upon students attending Sharptown and the surrounding region.
- Create and lead an overall strategy and yearly calendar for a comprehensive Youth Ministry program.
- Develop an inclusive small group network through recruiting, developing and deploying volunteers to serve as leaders.
- Disciple students through a relational teaching ministry that spiritually prepares students for challenges in life by helping them develop their Christian identity through understanding the gospel and their God-given gifts and talents.
- Lead with strong written and verbal skills and give compelling presentations to both large and small audiences.
- Lead in overseeing, coaching, and directing teams.
- Establish, define, and continually push the direction and vision of Sharptown Youth Ministry.
This Director of Youth Ministry is a full-time, salaried position based on 40 hrs. per week. Regular office hours are required during the week with an expectation of attendance at all major church events, youth activities, and worship services on Sundays.
In addition, the Youth Director will engage in the lives of students through a variety of events, activities, and intentional interaction. Sharptown UMC will provide a salary package competitive with similar positions in the area. Paid time off will be provided in accordance with the Sharptown employment policy. A one-week paid leave for ministry-related time away is optional (i.e. summer camp, non youth ministry related mission trip).
- The Director of Youth Ministry requires a committed Christian who is self-motivated and well organized. He/She should have excellent relational skills and a developed ability to communicate Biblical principles to youth in both a group setting and in individual conversation.
- An academic degree in youth ministry or three years related professional experience is preferred.
- A preferred candidate must possess a willingness to remain current with developing ministry trends. Continued professional development by attending conferences, seminars, and workshops pertaining to Youth Ministry is necessary.
- First Aid certification required or can be obtained within the first 90 days of starting this position.
- Advanced computer skills and mixed media an advantage.
A full job description available upon request.
Qualified Candidates, to apply please send your cover letter and resume email@example.com or click apply now.