Calvary Baptist Church is a great church in the fast growing community of Derby, KS! We are looking for a full-time Youth Pastor. The primary responsibility of the Youth Pastor will be to provide direct pastoral leadership for the middle school and high school students and any associated workers. CBC has an average of 50 middle school and high school students and 20 volunteer ministers in attendance each week. Direct pastoral leadership for these students and ministers includes regular teaching, prayer, discipleship and administrating the youth ministry program.
- Calvary Baptist Church’s Youth Pastor must first and foremost manifest a call specifically to the youth ministry.
- He must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ that is based on a commitment to daily time in prayer and the study of God’s Word.
- He must have or must pursue a Bible college degree (an emphasis in Youth Ministries is preferred but not required.)
- He must be able to demonstrate leadership in prior youth ministries or organizations.
- He must demonstrate good rapport with middle school and high school students.
- He must work well with the church staff, leadership, and parents of the middle school and high school students.
- He must be capable of recruiting, training, and supporting any coordinators, leaders and volunteers in the youth department.
- He must display personal openness, integrity, humility and honesty in his interpersonal relationships.
- He must be able to teach tenets of the Christian faith, fundamental Christian values and how to apply these to life situations.
- He must be flexible, friendly and approachable.
- He must deal with conflict directly, openly, honestly and graciously.
- He must be able to maintain and be accountable to a budget.
- He must be able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with many different people.
- He must be able to effectively use social media with discretion and in a way that promotes Christian unity and spiritual growth.
For more details please read the full job description along with application instructions at cbcks.org/youthpastor.