The Director of Children’s Ministries at Lutz Family Church (A Global Methodist Church), plays a pivotal role in providing strong, dynamic, relevant, and engaging ministries for children from newborns through grade 4. This position focuses on attracting both children and their parents to the church, fostering a vibrant community, and making disciples of Jesus Christ. We are seeking a passionate and qualified individual to join our lighthearted team as the Director of Children’s Ministry. If you are committed to nurturing the spiritual needs of others and have a strong foundation in both Children’s and Christian education, we invite you to apply. Lutz Family Church (A Global Methodist Church) is passionate, genuine, and sincere in their love of the Word and one another. We are a welcoming community with the goal of fostering spiritual growth and enriching the lives of our members as they become disciples of Jesus Christ. The church sits on the northern edge of the Tampa Bay area. This semi-rural community has all of the advantages of a major city in Florida – professional sports, shopping, arts, theme parks, beaches (nearby), and plenty of great restaurants – while maintaining a family-friendly environment with top-rated schools.
Christian Education or Bible College Degree Preferred. Good understanding of the Bible and Theology, knowledge of the Global Methodist Church doctrine is a plus. Strong administrative and leadership skills, with the ability to serve as the direct leader of children’s worship/activities. Capable of providing spiritual counseling and maintaining an exemplary lifestyle in the church and community. Professing Christian, willing to become an active member of our church, and faithful to Christian disciplines according to the Global Methodist Doctrine. Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead and oversee the children’s Christian Education Ministry, providing strong programs to nurture and feed the spiritual needs of the congregation.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and oversee program leaders and volunteers.
- Ensure clear, simple job descriptions are understood and adhered to by each volunteer.
- Provide a supportive environment for volunteers through assistance, coaching, counseling, follow-up, encouragement, and appreciation.
- Implement and maintain the church’s Youth and Child Protection Policy.
- Meet at least quarterly with the pastor to evaluate Children Ministry programs.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Nursery workers and Nursery volunteer teams.
- Develop, promote, coordinate, and implement Children’s Ministry programs and events in conjunction with the Communications Director to maximize community outreach and keep the congregation informed.
- Meet regularly with Program Leaders to coordinate activities and guide, encourage, motivate, and assist them in their activities.
How to Apply: If you have a passion for children’s ministry, are committed to creating a spiritually nurturing environment, and meet the qualifications mentioned, we invite you to apply. Apply on Indeed and/or submit your resume, a cover letter, and any other relevant documents to: ApplyLFC@gmail.com. Lutz Family Church is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of children and families as the Director of Children’s Ministries at Lutz Family Church.