TITLE: Student Ministries Pastor at Koinonia Church SUPERVISOR: Family Ministry Pastor. Koinonia Church is a non-denominational congregation whose mission is to Ignite Contagious Faith in the One God who Restores all. We operate under the following values: Jesus is Everything, People Matter. Holy Spirit Led. Authentic Community, and transformed lives are possible! We serve the community in Kings County in the Central Valley of California. We are a growing farming community near Lemoore Naval Air Station. POSITION SUMMARY: The Student Ministries pastor is a part of the Koinonia pastoral staff and is selected by the Lead Pastor and Elders. He/she will be a part of raising up a spiritually mature generation of young people through discipleship and strategic programming. He/she is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he/she serves the Lord Jesus Christ, Koinonia Church and the Lead Pastor.
- Develop programming and activities for Senior High and overseeing the programs for Junior High, including midweek services, Sunday morning teaching, discipleship programs, yearly retreats, mission trips, and special events.
- Supervisor for any Student Ministries staff.
- Develop and run a Young Adults Ministry
- Responsible for gathering, development and coordination of all teaching materials and curriculum to be used in the student department.
- Serves as the primary speaker for all Senior High Meetings. Other speakers may be brought in to supplement teaching.
- Identify, recruit, equip, and train adults to assist and adequately staff programming and ministries. These adults are to be the primary mentors for students.
- Develop strategy for discipling young people and equipping them to share their faith with others.
- Responsible for “marketing” the student ministry to the church congregation to keep the vision alive and visible.
- Responsible to work in cooperation with the Junior High Ministries Pastor and Children’s Ministry to develop a continuity of strategy and a smooth transition from elementary to graduation.
- Responsible for working with parents to help them better understand the needs of their students.
- Work with the parents on ways that the church can partner with them in helping their children grow in the Lord.
- A part of the larger duties required of Koinonia Pastoral Staff, such as participation in Sunday services, staff meetings, trainings, and pastoral care of our church family.
Must believe in and follow Jesus and be living a life under the authority of Christ that is able to be an example to others. Must be able to agree with the core tenets of the faith, including the authority of the Bible, the Trinity, the necessity of Salvation, and the current operation of the gifts of the Spirit. Must love teens! Or at least be willing and excited to serve them well! Communication will be a huge part of the job, both written and spoken. General knowledge of and ability to teach scripture. Some Theological Training Preferred
To apply for this job, please email a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here https://justchurchjobs.com/apply/1648.