Headland Methodist Church in Headland, AL, seeks a Youth Discipleship Director who will:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipline, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities;
- Recruit, train, and shepherd volunteer youth with diverse gifts and personalities;
- Support HMC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff;
- Seek to integrate youth ministry in all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries;
- Give oversight and appropriate organizational help to all youth-focused programs
- Manage and build up all aspects of the Youth Outreach and partner with other area churches.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy bi-weekly services for youth.
- Help to build a successful pipeline between children’s ministry, youth ministry and young adult ministry;
- Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events;
- Manage other administrative duties and community interfacing
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and can work well with others.
- One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2-3 years of ministry experience.
- One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level;
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background;
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing strong work ethics with an attitude of excellence and personal responsibility/ownership;
- Must have a solid grasp of written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills;
- Must be a people person
- Must have strong, proven, administrative and program development skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers as well as relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
To apply for this position, click here.