FIND A JOB
Youth Ministry Associate – Omaha, NE
Position Description:The Water’s Edge Church is a multi-generational church in Southwest Omaha, NE whose mission is “to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and each other.” Our Youth Ministry is a growing area of our church with the potential to greatly impact youth who are middle and high school age in this city. We are seeking a proven or developing leader who is a faithful Christ follower to join our ministry team as our Youth Ministry Associate. This position is designed to develop and grow the next generation of leaders in the church through intentional personal, professional, and vocational training and mentoring. A successful candidate may fit into one of two options:
- Have 3-5 years of proven ministry experience and success working with Middle and High School Youth in a medium to large size church.
- Be a developing leader willing to work in partnership with Leadership Pathway. In this model, the candidate would engage in a two-year hands-on ministry development program; learning, doing, and developing ministry at The Water’s Edge with a goal to grow into a ministry leader who is prepared to step into a primary leadership role, or continue to explore other paths toward their call to ministry.
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ, both in belief and practice
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, relationally oriented environment
- A teachable attitude and spirit
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Previous internship, staff, or volunteer experience in a church preferred
- Completed or in-progress undergraduate degree, completion of a ministry training or internship, or equivalent experience preferred