FIND A JOB
Youth Director/Pastor – Denver, NC
Position Description:With solid faith, and an awareness of youth culture, the ideal candidate for the position of Youth Director/Pastor at Lake Forest Church embodies a deep love for students and a desire to help them pursue Jesus. This leader will provide oversight and daily direction to all aspects of Youth Ministry for students grades 6-12. The Youth Pastor/Director will lead the way in modeling healthy relationships with students, while also helping the youth volunteers to do the same. This person must have the skills to lead teams, encourage and empower volunteers, communicate clearly with parents, have a strong drive, self-initiative, and relational capacity. Lake Forest Church is passionate about the Sustainable Youth Ministry model, where student ministry is carried by committed volunteers and students are integrated into the whole life of the church. The Youth Pastor/Ministry Leader will work closely with Lake Forest staff team and pastors to work out the vision for youth set forth by the stakeholders in the youth ministry. With regular coaching and mentoring, this person will help to ensure that the vision and values of Lake Forest are finding fresh expressions in our strategies for reaching youth. While it’s not the primary role of this position, there are many additional and exciting opportunities to lead on a church-wide scale as he/she grows in his/her own gifts and calling.
- Directs and leads all youth programming (e.g. - small groups, large events, mission trips, and retreats).
- Builds volunteer teams through recruiting, coaching, and supporting of adult leaders.
- Partners with parents through vision casting and consistent communication.
- Works within the whole ministry of the church to help integrate students into the life & mission of Lake Forest Church.
- Builds a culture of safety and family, where students experience the love Jesus and the support of spiritual friendship.
- Champions the mission of reaching “one more student” to help them discover and live out their role in God’s Story.
- Supervises the full-time Youth Coordinator who assists the Youth Pastor in ministry execution.
- A minimum of 3+ years youth ministry or direct work with youth is a requirement.
- Candidates should also have completed their college undergraduate degree. Seminary or Bible College training is a plus but not a requirement.