FIND A JOB
Youth Director, Malvern – PA
Classification: Part-time Employee, Stipend (approx. 25 hours/week)
Reports To: Lead Pastor Date: March 2021
Overview: Covenant Presbyterian Church is looking for their next Youth Director. The Youth Director must be a believer, model, and leader in Christ’s church. The Youth Director will share the good news of Jesus Christ to all persons, and communicate the joy, justice, grace, and acceptance that following Christ brings.
The Youth Director will provide leadership for Covenant’s programs and mission for youth. Emphasis is on developing Christian discipleship of our youth through active participation by the youth, and strong support and direction from the adult members of the congregation. Reports to Pastor, Head of Staff
- Provide Christian instruction and guidance for students that invites them into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Develop weekly event plans for high school and middle school youth groups that meet the needs of our diverse youth population.
- Abide by Covenant’s Guardian Ministry Policy.
- Develop positive, healthy, and affirming relationships with youth.
- Work openly with and receive guidance from Youth Steering Committee members, Youth Session liaison, and pastoral staff.
- Assist in worship services of the church to support youth worship participation.
- Participate in staff meetings and coordinate Youth Steering Committee meetings.
- Organize and lead an annual Youth Sunday worship service.
- Support youth participation in both youth-focused and Church-wide mission trips.
- Assist in the development of youth leaders and volunteers
Position Qualifications:Successful Performers:
- Embrace Christian discipline and Presbyterian doctrine and theology.
- Partner and work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and church community members to maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Keep accurate records of youth information and attendance.
- Value others by treating all with respect and dignity.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude in the workplace.
- Manage time well and maximize productivity.
- Make proper and effective use of social media which reflects positively on the Church.
- Leadership experience in Youth Ministry required.
- A vision for and a demonstrated ability to execute youth ministry within the parameters of the church.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization abilities.
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.