FIND A JOB
Youth Director- Graduate Resident, Baton Rouge – LA
Position Description:Graduate Resident Youth Minister University UMC, Baton Rouge, LA Fulfill your call to youth or children’s ministry through the Graduate Residency in Youth Ministry at the Center for Youth Ministry Training (CYMT).
The Graduate Resident Youth Minister is a unique professional ministry opportunity that provides you with a job at a local ministry setting while both training and coaching you as you earn your Masters of Arts in Youth Ministry through a CYMT partner seminary. CYMT offers regional campuses in Tennessee and Texas through partnerships with Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary and our new Nashville Extension Campus of APTS. Acceptance to the program is competitive, as the cohort spots are limited in each region. The cost to the resident is only $2,000 for the 3-year program. Graduate Residents will receive:
- Full scholarship for tuition, books, and housing
- Masters degree from accredited seminary
- A job as a youth minister in a local church/nonprofit/camping ministry
- $1,000 per month stipend
- Veteran youth ministry coach
- University UMC Youth Director Job Description: Supervisor: Pastor Part-Time Position: 20 hours a week
- Salary: commensurate with experience
- Mature Christian (post college), with a heart and passion for Christ, the UMC, and Youth Ministries.
- Must have good people skills and ability to work with volunteers to organize and carry out student ministries and activities for the church.
- Must be able to use technology and social media for ministry purposes.
- College degree preferably
- Prior youth ministry experience
- Familiarity with United Methodist Church theology and structure
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Dynamic and self-motivated
- Oversee the students in Sunday School classes from 6th-12th.
- Recruit teachers for all classes and provide materials, resources, and training for teachers as needed.
- Recruit and work with a volunteer Youth Ministry Team to organize and carry out the student ministries of UUMC.
- Attend an annual CEU event for Student Ministry.
- Keep abreast of ministry trends and literature.
- Utilize online directory as the primary source for information on families of students and keep updated with the help of the administrative assistant to the pastors.
- Call on and meet regularly with youth and parents to involve them in the ministry of the church.
- Publicize all events to the larger church community with the assistance of the administrative assistant for church communication.
- Make a special effort to get youth members and visitors to the church involved in our youth ministry.
- Work closely with the staff, on calendaring and planning events to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- Participate in the weekly Staff Meeting, as well as Ministry Team and Church Council Meetings.
- Ensure that Safe Sanctuary policies are observed with all volunteers and staff.
- Make sure buildings are opened and closed as needed for youth events.
- Train volunteers annually on Safe Sanctuary policies.
- AT ALL TIMES Safe Sanctuary policies must be observed.
- Develop the youth budget line items annually. Observe financial policies on expense reporting. Keep informed as to budget and fund raising accounts.
- Other UUMC duties as needed and agreed upon with the supervisor and SPRC.
- Focus on (but not limited to) middle school aged students, with the hopes of establishing a program for them to grow into.
- Chaperone youth interested in DCYM, Youth Ignite, CCYM, Junior High Retreat, Senior High Retreat, and 5th Sundays with other Youth Groups.
- Create an annual mission trip for students.
- Assist in worship as scheduled. -Develop service and mission opportunities for students.
- Create fellowship events for youth; retreats, off-campus events, parties, etc...
- Work with Children’s director to ease transition from Children to Youth.