FIND A JOB
Youth Director – Ames, IA
Position Description:Cornerstone Church is a church family of 3000 members located in Ames, IA, and we are committed to being for the city, for the campus, and the glory of Christ. As the founding member of the Salt Network, Cornerstone Church is one of 20+ local churches strategically planted in university cities across the nation. As we have seen God do amazing things through our collegiate ministry, The Salt Company, we’ve begun to sense God calling us to refocus on our “for the city” component, particularly in the area of reaching our middle school and high school students right here in Ames and surrounding community.. Currently, Cornerstone has over 400 6-12th grade students involved in our student ministry, and we believe this is just a scratch of the surface. We are hoping the next youth director would lead by teaching truth through God’s word, being culturally relevant, and being capable of leading our youth ministry team, adult volunteers, and student leaders. In doing this, we hope to see the Gospel multiply throughout our high school and middle schools in and around Ames. Direct Supervisor: Executive Pastor Job Title: Youth Ministry Director – This is a FULL-TIME staff position.
- Shepherd and Disciple Students
- Spend time pursuing and spending time with students, especially student leaders and lost students
- Lead student leader team
- Lead Youth Ministry Staff and Leaders
- Cultivate a healthy staff culture (currently there are 3 FT staff)
- Organize, direct and care for youth staff
- Recruit, train, equip, and care for adult volunteers and student leaders **As a direction for youth ministry takes shape under the new youth director's vision alongside the Executive Pastor, the youth director will have the ability to design the staff how he would see it best utilized to reach students.
- Plan and Execute Gatherings, Events, and Trips
- Plan and execute Wednesday night gatherings with staff, adult volunteers, and student leaders
- Organize small groups and lead a small group
- Create a youth teaching schedule and teach regularly
- Plan and execute all youth events and trips alongside youth staff, adult volunteers, and student leaders
Position Qualifications:We’ll smile if you are:
- Knowledgeable in student ministries with at least two years of experience.
- Experienced in developing and motivating adults and students to become leaders. Awesome at communicating and relating to others, especially young people and their parents.
- Building a relational youth ministry team.
- Recruiting, training, and leading adult volunteers and student leaders.
- Overseeing weekly student large group gatherings and having a heart for connecting in smaller groups.
- Being a team player who collaborates with all ministries during the weekend services.
- Can text 50 words in a minute.
- Are highly competitive (and are good at 9 square in the air).
- Can name the current top five most popular songs, movies, and television shows.
- Heart beats for students coming to know and walk with Jesus.
- Bring a 6-pack of Red Bulls to all-nighter lock-in events
- Lead Cornerstone Youth, staff, leader, and volunteer staff to disciple the middle school and high school students of Cornerstone Church.