FIND A JOB
Student Pastor – Piperton, TN
Position Description:The Pastor of Student Ministry is a highly relational follower of Jesus, leader, shepherd, and teacher giving vision, direction, and leadership to 6th – 12th grade students at Living Hope Church. The Student Pastor is responsible for developing a ministry for students, leading them in becoming a community that follows the way of Jesus, and elevating Jesus in their lives so He is impossible to ignore. Responsibilities include:
- Outline vision, direction, and implementation plan for student ministry at Living Hope Church.
- Develop a comprehensive discipleship strategy for male and female students (6th – 12th grade).
- Discover, Develop, Deploy, and Direct an effective team of adult volunteers who use their spiritual gifting to execute the ministry’s vision and values.
- Effectively lead and shepherd the LH Student Ministry Staff.
- Leveraging and developing their spiritual gifts and abilities toward the mission of LH Students.
- Foster a culture of Christ-centered care and celebration within the ministry structures.
- Develop an annual ministry calendar and supporting budget.
- Effectively communicate with parents regarding ministry events, activities, student growth, teaching series, available parental resources, and the like.
- Proactively and appropriately pursue relationships with students within the church and community.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other pastors and staff when appropriate.
- Model the character and integrity of pastoral ministry as outlined in the New Testament.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualifications:A bachelor's degree and 5 years of ministry experience is preferred. Organization and Leadership: Proactively develops an annual ministry calendar; including teacher training, special events, etc. Able to effectively develop and utilize volunteer ministry teams to shape and execute ongoing ministry needs/key objectives. Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Able to effectively engage a variety of people. Responds quickly to text messages, phone calls, and emails. Proactively communicates with the congregation, volunteer teams, families, and new attendees. Technology: Able to use or learn Microsoft Office, Electronic Check-In System, CCB/Church Database, and other ministry-related systems. Staff Development: Able to effectively lead, utilize, and manage the Student Ministry staff members. The Pastor of Student Ministry will come under the spiritual authority of the elders of Living Hope and will report to the Executive Pastor.
Interested applicants should contact Freddie Albaugh, Executive Pastor. email@example.com