FIND A JOB
Student Pastor – John’s Creek, GA
Position Description:Join us in molding future disciples by championing the vision of Mt. Pisgah UMC and leading impactful programs that nurture spiritual growth and create lasting bonds with our youth. Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church in Johns Creek, Georgia, just north of Atlanta, is a congregation of 2000 members. Mt. Pisgah offers a close-knit community feel, despite its size and offers two worship services on Sundays in English and a third service in Spanish for the Iglesia Mt. Pisgah congregation. Noteworthy for applicants, recently Mt. Pisgah voted to disaffiliate from the United Methodist Church. A new denominational affiliation is still being discerned. The ideal Student Pastor at Mt. Pisgah UMC should be deeply aligned with the church's vision, mission, and values, showcasing the ability to strategize and implement methods to achieve church goals. This leader should be safety-conscious, committed to continuous learning, and possess strong collaborative skills. The teaching pastor responsibilities include conducting large group programs, delivering Bible-based teachings, offering pastoral counseling to students, and managing weekly Bible study sessions. Building and nurturing relationships with both students and volunteers will be paramount to this role. Key Responsibilities:
- To know and support the church’s vision, mission, and values; prioritize the strategy and develop methods to accomplish the strategy.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable safety, health, and environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate church operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in ministry or related field
- 2-4 years experience in a youth ministry setting
- A disciple of Jesus Christ with a mature faith and a passion to lead others to become disciples of Christ
- Heart of a pastor
- Experience counseling students
- An excellent leader, gifted in planning and managing people, projects, and budgets
- Strong team and talent-building, communication, and coordination skills
- Highly relational
- Must be an encourager to all and work well across teams
- Ability to write and deliver creative and Biblically sound messages to middle and high school students