FIND A JOB
Student Ministry Director, Bentonville – AR
Position Description:Purpose: The student ministry pastor will oversee all aspects of ministry to pre-teens and teens (5 th -12 th grade) at New Heights Church in Bentonville; this includes Gospel-centered worship and teaching, dynamic events, authentic small groups, and formative discipleship. They will develop a ministry culture that focuses on internal and external growth, leadership development, and connection to the larger Body of Christ. Responsibilities
- Develop a mission and vision for student ministry that aligns with the mission and vision of NHB.
- Serve as the primary teacher for student ministry worship services.
- Plan gospel-centered teaching and small group content. Plan and execute dynamic events that facilitate ministry growth, both deep and wide.
- Manage all aspects of volunteerism within the student ministry.
- Recruiting Training Support Coaching Administration
- Regularly spend time with students, attend their sporting events, visit their schools, practice the ministry of presence.
- Disciple students and volunteers.
- Develop clear systems to connect students to small groups and discipleship.
- Timely and consistent communication with parents, leaders, students, and staff.
- Oversee care for student ministry volunteers and families
- Meet with families in our body (new or established) to shepherd and connect them and their students.
- Teach in other worship services and classes as requested.
- Pray for, serve, encourage, counsel, and teach individuals as requested.
- Vision casting
- Bias toward action
- Drives accountability/ results
- People skills
- Team player
- Discipleship Experience
- Education 5+ years of experience leading a student ministry in the local church. Bachelor’s degree & theological training preferred