FIND A JOB
Program Coordinator – Atlanta, GA
Position Description:The mission of Julie’s Dream is to give children in under-resourced communities in Atlanta the hope and love of Jesus Christ through awe-inspiring wilderness experiences and outdoor adventures. Julie’s Dream seeks to address the barriers that inhibit youth from under-resourced communities from experiencing the transformative power of the outdoors. Julie’s Dream partners with nonprofits in Atlanta who directly serve these communities to ensure long-term youth engagement. Our programs provide tools for success including self-confidence, goal-setting, and leadership skills. As a faith-based organization, Julie’s Dream connects each participant’s experience of the beauty of the outdoors to our Creator and a personal faith in Jesus. Julie’s Dream envisions a new generation of Atlanta youth who possess both a strong faith and the tools to improve the future of their communities. Julie’s Dream programs are conducted primarily in the Atlanta area but also in natural settings all over the United States. Hiking, camping, swimming, rafting, mountain biking, canoeing, and rock climbing, are just a few of the adventures that we utilize to reach the children we serve. Julie’s Dream is seeking a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will plan, implement, and evaluate school year and summer outdoor activities, ensuring that programming is appropriate for and enriching to the children we serve. The Program Coordinator is a core member of the Julie’s Dream staff and reports directly to the Executive Director. The Program Coordinator position is a salaried position with work hours consistent with the times Julie’s Dream programming occurs (after school, on weekends, and during school and summer breaks). Frequent overnight hours are required. When not onsite at a partner location or in the field, work from home may be allowed at certain approved times. The Program Coordinator essentially runs the day-to-day programming that Julie’s Dream provides. He or she will camp, hike, eat, adventure, and participate in various activities with the children we serve. The Program Coordinator is integrally connected to the success of both our programming and our relationships with our community partners. He or she will regularly meet with community partner staff, counselors, parents, and clergy and, with direction from the Executive Director, will be empowered to create initiatives, structure daily activities, plan and execute adventure trips, run day camps, and provide educational sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Outdoor Recreation, Outdoor Education, Physical Education, Education or another related field; OR experience with under-resourced or at-risk youth.
- 2+ years of experience working with youth in wilderness, camp, adventure, experiential learning, or environmental education programming.
- Experience leading outdoor trips.
- Current CPR, AED, Wilderness First Aid, and Lifeguard Certification preferred, OR ability and willingness to obtain these certifications upon employment.
- Valid driver’s license with no DUI’s on record.
- Clear extensive background check.
- Behavior management skills and strategies.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Passion for changing lives and inspiring personal growth.
- Comfortable and competent in all types of weather and outdoor settings.
- Highly creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to make critical decisions in the field under challenging conditions.
- Expertise in risk management strategies, assessment, and implementation, including demonstrated experience managing risk while safeguarding the emotional and physical health of participating children.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and logistics.