FIND A JOB
Pastor of Youth & Young Adult Ministries – Archbold, OH
Position Description:St. John's Christian Church in Archbold, OH, seeks a Pastor/Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries. This person will:
- Possess a passion to lead youth and young adults into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exude a dynamic personality that connects with youth and young adults.
- Responsible for leading and organizing an effective ministry for youth (grades 6-12) and young adults (high school graduates-age 24).
- Planning an effective ministry that includes fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism and pastoral care of youth and young adults.
- Develop positive relationships with youth, their parents, and young adults.
- Develop, equip and maintain a ministry team of leaders.
- Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the church’s ministry.
- Organize program spaces, materials and lessons to maximize effectiveness, readiness and safety.
- Integrate youth ministry into all phases of congregational life, including worship, education, Wednesday evening ministries, music programs, fellowship events and mission events.
- Support parents in their nurturing of their youth and young adult aged children.
- Create consistent contact with parents via weekly emails, texts, social media and web updates.
- Plan and lead outreach programs to connect with new youth and young adults.
- Prepare, monitor and control the annual youth and young adult ministry budget.
- Be obedient to the Word of God and be devoted to daily study and prayer.
- Have an Associate’s degree or higher in education, ministry or biblical studies.
- Have one or more years of experience in youth or young adult ministry.
- Be a self-motivated leader.
- Possess strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to work as a team player, with staff, volunteers and participants in a cooperative manner.
- Be willing to assist with worship services on Sunday mornings and other duties as assigned.