FIND A JOB
Minister of Youth – Beaverton, OR
Position Description:Portland Community Church in Beaverton, OR, seeks a part-time Minister of Youth. The Youth Pastor must be committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and to inspire and lead youth and their families to follow Jesus.
- Oversee the development, management and growth of the Youth Ministry.
- Lead the youth in an active, dynamic and growing ministry.
- Develop, manage and grow the Youth Ministry (Middle School, High School, Young Adults 18-28)
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteer staff
- Grow the Youth Ministry in quantity and quality of relationship to Christ
- Select curricula, teaching materials and teaching staff for the Youth Ministry
- Create a Youth Ministry that partners with parents promoting the spiritual growth of their children, rather than supplanting it.
- Equip parents to disciple their children.
- Implement a ministry process where the youth are assimilated into the whole life of the church, encouraging youth to serve side by side with adults in a variety of ministries and lead multiple aspects of worship service
- Develop a discipleship ministry where youth are discipled by individual youth leaders
- Plan and develop one Sunday morning or Sunday night youth gathering per week, special events and retreats
- Minister to youth currently in the church, encouraging youth to invite friends to grow their sphere of influence
- Emphasize attendance from youth and their families in our surrounding communities
- Plan and manage the budget for the Youth Ministry
- Display Christian maturity to youth, their families, volunteers in the Youth Ministry and to all people of Portland Community Church
- Model leadership and display strong interpersonal skills to effectively minister, recruit, disciple and team with others
- Develop and strengthen ministry teams to secure skilled volunteer engagement
- Demonstrate flexibility by actively supporting a wide and changing variety of initiatives and programs at Portland Community Church
- Assist as requested with preaching in the worship services.