FIND A JOB
Marriage & Family Pastor – Detroit Lakes, NC
Position Description:The Marriage & Family Pastor at Lakes Area Vineyard Church in Detroit Lakes, NC, provides pastoral care, spiritual direction, and counseling to the church body, with a specific focus on strengthening marital bonds and nurturing families. Responsibilities include:
- Pastoral Care and Counseling Provide pastoral counseling including, but not limited to, premarital, crisis, grief, spiritual formation, marriage, and family
- Responsible for oversight of the wedding process (premarital counseling, communication with couples, etc.)
- Lead and facilitate marriage enrichment workshops and classes
- Offer guidance on parenting and family dynamics
- Regular accountability, leadership development, and support for the Vineyard Kids Director and Vineyard Youth Director
- Conduct funerals with compassion and sensitivity
- Offer comfort, hope, and spiritual support to grieving individuals and families.
- Collaborate with the bereaved to plan and personalize funeral services Assist in coordinating logistics for funeral services, including liaising with funeral homes and coordinating with the church staff.
- Preach and teach during church services and special events.
- Lead, oversee, train and recruit members for the Prayer Ministry team
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all counseling sessions
- Manage scheduling and appointments for counseling sessions.
- Assist in budget planning for marriage and family ministry initiatives
- Perform all other duties as assigned or apparent
- A strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be open to the power and presence of the Holy Spirit.
- Ability to preach and teach
- Demonstrated experience in providing counseling and pastoral care, particularly in marriage and family ministry.
- Dependable, detailed, organized, and a good time-manager
- Strong interpersonal, relational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Dependable, detailed, organized, and a good time-manager Ability to work collaboratively with church staff and team members.