FIND A JOB
Interim Director of Student Ministries – Los Angeles, CA
Position Description:St. John’s Presbyterian Church of West Los Angeles is seeking an Interim Director of Student Ministries to lead our program for middle school and high school students. Responsibilities include:
- Organizing and leading Sunday evening youth meetings with the assistance of adult and student leaders. Meetings involve games/activities, worship through music, biblical teaching, and small discussion groups.
- Actively and appropriately engaging students beyond designated meetings to build strong relationships. This would include supporting students’ extracurricular activities (music, sports, theater, etc.).
- Engaging students, parents, and volunteers by maintaining regular, timely communication through emails, texts, and social media.
- Planning and implementing special events for student participation (including off-site activities).
- Coordinating and cooperating with other church staff and lay leaders to proactively integrate student ministries into the larger life of the church.
- Participating in weekly church staff meetings, working closely with our Director of Children and Family Ministries, attending a monthly Growing in Faith commission meeting, and providing a brief update to the congregation at least once per month during Sunday morning worship.