FIND A JOB
High School Student Ministry Director – Birmingham, AL
Position Description:Are you passionate about empowering and guiding students on their spiritual journey? Do you have a heart for students and a desire to make a lasting impact in their lives? If so, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team at Asbury United Methodist Church in Birmingham, Alabama! At Asbury, we are a vibrant community dedicated to growing our faith, building lasting relationships, and serving our local community. Our High School Student Ministry is a vital part of our church family, and we are excited to find a dedicated and enthusiastic High School Student Ministry Director to lead our youth towards a deeper connection with their faith and community. As the High School Student Ministry Director, you will play a pivotal role in nurturing the spiritual growth of our high school students. Your mission is to create an exciting and engaging environment where students learn to embody the way of Jesus, together. This role is all about building relationships with students and their families, fostering connections, and providing opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
- Be committed to and actively communicate the vision of the church and become creatively involved in its development, articulation, and implementation.
- Understand, exemplify, and champion Asbury’s mission and vision, as well as the theology and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- Work effectively with people of all ages, having a heart for students and a desire to connect with them and facilitate their spiritual growth in all aspects of their lives.
- Possess effective communication skills – including one-on-one counseling, small group discussions, and speaking to and leading large groups.
- Demonstrate flexibility, creativity, dependability, high motivation, and self-direction.
- Be a servant leader and role model, having fun with students, but always aware and the “adult” in the room.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach and lead students and adults.
- Develop adult volunteers into student ministry leaders through training, delegation, and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in Youth Ministry or a related field required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet critical dates and deadlines.
- Self-driven and able to work and produce results with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Attend evening and weekend events as necessary.