FIND A JOB
Discipleship Minister of Emerging Family Ministries – Miami, FL
Position Description:First Miami Presbyterian is looking for an individual with strong personal depth and spiritual grounding that can build a thriving children's ministry as the church grows to meet the needs of many young families in a culturally diverse setting. First Miami Presbyterian Church is a vibrant, multi-ethnic church in the heart of Miami, Florida. With a historic building on the beautiful Biscayne Bay, which connects to the Atlantic Ocean, the church is strategically positioned to be accessible to business people, families, and visitors. Diversity is celebrated at First Miami, with members representing more than 40 different countries. The ideal candidate will have a strong, personal depth and spiritual grounding and a desire to guide children as they grow in the love of Christ. The leader who will thrive in this role will have an ability to connect relationally with children, families, and volunteers, understand how to create a safe environment where children feel welcomed and loved, and know how to recruit, lead, and equip volunteer teams. The Discipleship Minister of Emerging Family Ministries will:
- Provide long-term vision and infrastructure for sustainable children’s and youth ministries that develop children into lifelong disciples of Jesus.
- Lead and equip a team of children’s ministry volunteers who share ownership of the ministry.
- Shape content and programs to give children and families the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need to love God and love others.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of children’s ministry experience, preferably in a large, urban church
- Training and experience working with children who have special needs and their families
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred)