FIND A JOB
Director of Youth Ministry & Digital Media – Belleville, IL
Position Description:First United Presbyterian Church in Belleville, IL is seek a Director of Youth Ministry and Digital Media who will:
- Connect with students in 6th-12th grades who have interest in the community of FUPC.
- Recruit, train, equip, and coordinate volunteer leaders, building teams of invested stakeholders who enjoy interacting with students.
- Map out the long-term scope and sequence of discipleship opportunities for youth, incorporating weekly times of gathering, seasonal events, and leadership opportunities.
- Plan and oversee the weekly opportunities for fellowship and faith formation.
- Collaborate with related community networks, school affiliates, and other local entities whose mission it is to serve and love neighbors.
- Draft and steward the annual budgets of the youth ministry and the digital media ministry.
- Develop an annual calendar of digital media content, working with a team for distribution.
- Assist in the planning of the seasonal themes, overarching rhythm and flow of communication, and create consistency with the culture and community of FUPC.
Position Qualifications:The responsibilities of this role encompass a variety of relational skills along with a small subset of technical skills. The ideal candidate has a heart for the local church and is a self-starter, able to attend to their workloads efficiently and manage multiple projects at the same time. Experience in the following areas will be most beneficial to the work:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solving
- Bachelor’s level education completed in a related field of study 3-5 years developing ministries with long-term planning
- A theology that celebrates and values all people, aligned with the PCUSA denomination