FIND A JOB
Director of Youth Ministries – High Point, NC
Position Description:Join a vibrant downtown church whose mission is to share the hope of Christ from the heart of High Point! First United Methodist Church (FUMC) is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries who will help us live into God’s vision by providing spiritual development and discipleship formation opportunities for United Methodist Youth Fellowship (UMYF) consisting of grades 6-12. God’s vision for FUMC is to be an outwardly focused community where all are boldly welcomed & included, where spiritual, emotional & physical needs are met, and lives are transformed through a relationship with Jesus Christ. As the Director of Youth Ministries, you would share Christ’s hope with young disciples while helping them form a meaningful and lasting faith. Essential Job Functions:
- Passionately relate to youth and faithfully live by the example of Christ.
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways, both in church and in other settings.
- Develop creative and engaging year-round programs and ministries for Grades 6-12, including Sunday programming, retreats, mission trips, and special events.
- Provide oversight, direction, and support to Youth Council & Counselors.
- Develop and manage the annual UMYF budget.
- Educate volunteers on Safe Sanctuary Policy.
- Lead Confirmation Classes in conjunction with Pastoral Staff
- Attend staff and applicable church meetings as necessary.
- Alongside the Director of Communication leverage social media and technology to communicate with youth, parents, and the community while adhering to FUMC. Manage the UMYF social media pages.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of the Bible and essential Christian beliefs
- Strong skills in leadership, planning, interpersonal relations, and program development
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including social media.