FIND A JOB
Director of Youth & Family Ministries – Farmington, MN
Position Description:Farmington Lutheran Church (FLC) is seeking a vibrant Director of Youth and Family Ministries to provide vision, coordinate and sustain opportunities for youth and their families to grow in faith and share God’s love. In collaboration with other staff and volunteers, the Director of Youth and Family Ministries will facilitate opportunities for the entire congregation to be in ministry to and with youth and their families. This leadership role works primarily with youth (6th grade – 12th grade) to support an intergenerational ministry that strives to build a ‘lasting faith through worship, connecting, spiritual growth and serving together. The four key accountabilities to this full-time, benefit eligible position include: • Faith Formation • Building Healthy Relationships • Cultivating and Growing the Youth and Family Ministry Programs • Developing Systems for Engaging Volunteers and Leadership Training Farmington Lutheran Church, in Farmington Minnesota, is a growing ELCA congregation in the Twin Cities southern metro area. Part of the St. Paul Area Synod, FLC has more than 2,000 baptized members and over 400 students in children and youth programs. Farmington Lutheran wants people to know the amazing love of Jesus, have it shape their lives, and join in the work of building a world that knows God’s love, grace, mercy and justice. Please see the church website for a complete job description.
- 1. Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in Youth and Family Ministries or related field.
- 2. A minimum of two years of youth ministry experience, as well as experience working with both youth and family ministry is preferred.
- 3. Strong organizational and planning skills (record keeping, time management, multi-tasking, follow-up, budget management, etc.).
- 4. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to extend grace and good humor.
- 5. Ability to work independently, without direct supervision and manage time efficiently and effectively.
- 6. Ability to be very flexible in work hours and adapt to changing work demands.
- 7. Ability to effectively communicate verbally, electronically and in writing.
- 8. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 9. Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- 10. Ability to understand and effectively design, implement, and run education programs through the use of digital ministries and its various platforms.
- 11. Strong vision for the position and the underlying processes needed to achieve effectiveness.
- 12. A Lutheran background is not required, but the successful candidate must be in agreement with the standards, theology and policies of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) and Farmington Lutheran Church.
- 13. Music experience a plus.
- 14. Successful background check.