FIND A JOB
Director of Students, Toledo – OH
Position Description:CedarCreek Church is a multisite, non-denominational church located in and around the Toledo, OH area. The church has 6 different locations and currently sees around 5,500 in attendance between all campuses on a typical weekend since COVID. The Perrysburg campus is led by Campus Pastor Josh Whitlow, who has been the campus pastor at the Perrysburg Campus for the last 3 years, and on staff for the last 9 years. The campus currently has three services offered on Saturdays at 5:00p, and Sundays at 9:00a and 11:00a. All services are identical and offer a modern style of worship. Middle School students meet during the weekend service times and 7th - 1th grade students meet on Wednesday nights. Between 5th - 12th, the Perrysburg campus is seeing over 100 students attend their student services. The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Director of Students to oversee the student ministry at the Perrysburg campus. Perrysburg is the broadcast campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Responsible for leading and organizing Student Groups per the ministry calendar.
- Recruiting – Recruiting key DreamTeam (volunteers) and future interns.
- Intentional Mentoring & Development – Identify and recruit key leaders, providing them with training & leadership opportunities, helping them to advance through the spiritual journey.
- Training – Provide materials and assistance in training Student Ministries Staff & DreamTeam on a Campus level.
- Recruiting and leading students in a student leadership track. Parent Contact – Developing and maintaining a parent database, establishing and executing a system for regular parent contact.
- Central Support Events/Camp/Retreats – Assist with programming, promotion, resourcing and execution of Central Support Events/Camps/Retreats.
- Curriculum – Assist in developing and/or acquisition of relevant, developmentally appropriate, Gospel-based curriculum that is easily executable at a Campus level.
- Availability to assist other staff members on the campus team with upcoming events or projects.
- Marketing and Promotion – Proactively utilizing all available resources and channels to promote Student Ministry events, initiatives and life change stories.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5- 9).
- A calling to pastoral ministry.
- Excellent communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (using social media platforms for marketing events and connecting with students).
- Being a tithing, Missional Member in good standing at CedarCreek Church.
- Attendance at a weekend service and in a small group.
- Commit to attend weekly campus and central staff meetings.
- Modeling and championing the Mission, Vision and Core Values of CedarCreek Church.
- Commit to the CedarCreek Church Staff 10 points of accountability.
- Education: bachelor’s degree in a relative field is preferred, though not required.
- Experience: At least one to two years of experience in leading a student ministry and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
- Reports to: Perrysburg Campus Pastor