FIND A JOB
Director of Students & Emerging Generations – Chesterfield, MO
Position Description:Bonhomme Presbyterian Church in Chesterfield, MO seeks a Director of Student and Emerging Generations that will:
- Build and maintain Christ-centered relationships with youth at every level, modeling personal discipleship and mentoring
- Hire, supervise, coach and lead the paid Student Ministry staff
- Recruit, train and direct adult volunteer leaders
- Build and unleash parent leadership teams to do the work of ministry
- Plan and execute mid-week and Sunday High School programming
- Plan and execute mid-week and Sunday Middle School programming
- Plan meaningful retreats, mission trips, and local missional service opportunities
- Plan and execute summer activities (mid-week and Sunday)
- Plan and coordinate Trivia Night and/or other fundraising events
- Coordinate the confirmation process in partnership with the Associate Pastor and the confirmation team.
- Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services and activities.
Position Qualifications:Since the Director of Emerging Generations plays a major role in the faith development of the younger members of the church, both as a leader and an example, it is expected that this professional leader will love Jesus and love teenagers. The applicant must have a solid understanding of the foundations of the Christian faith, possess a vibrant faith in Jesus as personal Lord and Savior, be able to communicate the Gospel in imaginative and compelling ways to students, and embrace the mission and vision of Bonhomme Church. Therefore, the ideal candidate will:
- Live an authentic Christian life devoted to the Gospel with a clear calling to youth faith development
- Have a college degree in a related field and evidence of continuous learning
- Have a minimum of three years of full-time ministry experience in an unambiguous leadership position in student ministry
- Have a clear track record of collaborative, strategic leadership
- Have experience in the Presbyterian model of governance and leadership.