FIND A JOB
Director of Student Ministry – Tyler, TX
Position Description:A rapidly growing Global Methodist congregation in Tyler, Texas, this historical downtown church is biblically based with a strong emphasis on missions and outreach. Much of the church’s membership is highly educated and the church is known for being very relational and friendly. The student ministry of Marvin Methodist serves sixth through twelfth-grade students and their families. The church is deeply invested in the success of this ministry, providing a 10,200 square foot, newly renovated facility with room for worship, small groups, and a diner-like space for students to hang out, enjoy a meal, and play video games with friends. The ministry is primed and ready for its next director to creatively take the ministry to the next level. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, forward-focused person who has the ability to engage students and families, building upon the existing structure and excitement for the next phase of growth in the student ministry. Key Responsibilities:
- Spiritual Leadership: Provide biblical teaching, mentorship, and spiritual guidance, helping students grow in their faith and relationship with Christ.
- Student Ministry Programming: Develop and implement engaging and age-appropriate programs, activities, trips, and events that foster a sense of community and discipleship.
- Mission Focused: Work with the missions team to infuse a global missions perspective into the student ministry, encouraging youth to engage in evangelism efforts to reach their peers with the Gospel and to participate in local mission projects and trips.
- Volunteer Engagement: Engage and equip volunteers to assist in various aspects of student ministry, ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for all activities.
- Collaboration: Work collaboratively with pastors, church staff, and ministry teams to integrate the student ministry into the overall church vision and mission.
- Strong commitment to Christian faith and Wesleyan theology
- Proven experience in student ministry leadership
- Five years of paid ministry experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in theology, ministry, or a related field
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities with a demonstrated history of sound judgment