FIND A JOB
Director of Student Ministries- Kearney, Missouri
Description:Provide leadership and direct oversight to all student ministry programs (grade 6-12) of First United Methodist Church, including mission work, worship services, discipleship opportunities, camping experiences, and retreats so that First United Methodist Church can make new disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Teaching and Vision
- Creatively communicate the Gospel to students, with an emphasis on depth and biblical teaching.
- Create biblically-based messages and studies that engage students and drive them toward a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Plan student-centered worship experience every Wednesday during the school year
- Oversee confirmation program and plan confirmation service
- Provide relevant and compelling opportunities for students during the summer months. Relationships and Networking
- Develop meaningful pastoral relationships with students, families, and volunteers of First United Methodist Church.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach unchurched students and their families.
- Willingness and ability to engage students where they are, such as sporting events, school functions, lunches, etc. Leadership Development
- Work with other ministry leaders to creatively involve students in ministries throughout the church.
- Identify, recruit, and empower leaders within the church to serve in student ministry in meaningful ways between two campuses
- Participate in continuing education events in order to stay current on student ministry thinking and practice.
- Oversee student leadership team, meeting regularly to plan various IMPACT events and opportunities Administration and Communication
- Provide clear communication with parents, staff, and the broader church about the Student Ministry.
- Coordinate the student ministry with the various administrative needs of the church.
- Plan the annual budget for the Student Ministry
- Coordinate all IMPACT related social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Provide clear communication with Small Group Leader with weekly/monthly emails Special Event Planning Schedule and coordinate the elements of trips and events, arrange transportation, accommodations, and volunteer support. (examples: mission trip, camp, lock-ins, retreats etc.)
- A dynamic personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Bible and a commitment to Wesleyan theology.
- Experience witnessing to unchurched people about Christ’s love.
- A self-starter, create new ministries, committed to excellence, experience recruiting, training, and empowering volunteers for ministry.
- Exceptional relational skills.
- Compelling communicator, particularly in teaching and preaching the Bible. Preferred experience in speaking to large groups.
- Undergraduate degree or over 3 years relevant experience preferred. Key Attributes:
- Passion for Jesus
- Relational, especially compelling communicator
- Biblically literate
- High standards
- Understanding of youth culture