FIND A JOB
Director of Family Ministries – Tampa, FL
Position Description:Seminole Heights United Methodist Church in Tampa, FL, is hiring a Family Ministries Director. The Family Ministries Director will work with the pastor and volunteers in the discipleship of children, youth, and their families through spiritual formation, outreach, and worship. This part-time position is for about 15 hours per week, and some work can be done remotely. Work Performed: 1. Spiritual Formation
- Work with the pastor, lay leaders, and staff to implement current children and youth ministries and plan new ministry opportunities. Duties include but not limited to: creating weekly Children’s worship videos, planning and leading weekly Youth Group meetings, and overseeing Sunday morning children’s programming.
- Work with pastor and lay leadership to expand small group offerings for children, youth, and families.
- Coordinate outreach events geared towards families, including but not limited to community movie nights, Vacation Bible School, and annual Easter and Christmas celebrations.
- Build and maintain relationships with local schools and Seminole Heights United Methodist Preschool, in addition to other community partners with ongoing engagement.
- Plan and coordinate weekly Dinner Church services, as COVID allows.
- With the pastor, lay leadership, and staff, assist in planning and leading worship, including special services.
- Opportunities to lead could include reading in worship, participating in worship music, and preaching as appropriate to the candidate.
- Assist in running the worship livestream and engaging online worship viewers.