FIND A JOB
Director of Children’s & Youth Ministries – Pascagoula, MS
Position Description:Eastlawn United Methodist Church in Pascagoula, MS, is currently seeking an energetic and committed individual to serve as Director of Children's and Youth Ministries. Position Description---The Director of Children's and Youth Ministries is responsible for planning, coordinating and promoting the children's and youth programs of the church, special youth projects, mission projects, fundraising activities, and district and conference-related activities. Position Status---This is a full time position that Reports directly to the Pastor and the Staff Pastor Parish Relations Committee. Key Responsibilities--- The Director of Children's and Youth Ministries will develop ministry programs and outreach to nursery, pre-school, elementary school, and secondary school children and their parents.
- Develop goals and objectives for children and students in support of church vision and mission.
- Assess ministry needs and develop programs and activities to meet those needs.
- Develop a climate for children and youth that is safe, supportive and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Address specific personal and spiritual needs of children and youth as they arise.
- Coordinate yearly Vacation Bible School and other special children's events.
- Oversee and ensure that all required training and safety compliance obligations are met for all staff and volunteers assisting with children's and youth activities.
- Teach and recruit teachers and volunteers for all children's and youth activities.
- Develop, coordinate and lead Sunday night and Wednesday night Youth activities.
- Participate, as requested in Sunday worship services.
- Submit weekly newsletter and Sunday bulletin updates and other announcements for children's and youth activities.
- Develop and implement an annual calendar of activities and programs.
- Develop and implement the annual budget for Children's and Youth Ministries.
- Coordinate fundraisers in consultation with the Pastor and the Administrative Board .
- Develop relationships with schools, churches and organizations that support our efforts to reach children and youth in the church and community.