FIND A JOB
Director of Children’s Ministries, Sumter – SC
Position Description:Position Purpose: Provide opportunities for children (nursery age up to and including 5th grade, at Trinity United Methodist Church, to grow in their faith and relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, and to provide a nurturing, safe environment that is beneficial and inviting to both parents and children. Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement, and oversee weekly children’s programming including children’s church, nursery, and Sunday afternoon “Trinity Kids,” working to ensure that each program is well-organized, welcoming to children and parents, and combines healthy relationship-building fun with meaningful spiritual formation.
- Coordinate special seasonal events, including but not limited to: Vacation Bible School, Easter Egg Hunt, and Trunk or Treat.
- Maintain parent communication through email, website, social media, and Sunday morning announcements.
- Plan and perform short, engaging children’s moment during the 11 o’clock service.
- Maintain current volunteer network and recruit and train new volunteers as needed.
- Implement Safe Sanctuary training to all volunteers within the church.
- Maintain Trinity Kids information database.
- Act as a liaison between TUMC and Trinity Day School, finding creative ways to support and develop relationships with Day School families and inviting them to participate in Trinity Kids programs.
- Act as a liaison between the TUMC and the church’s resident Cub Scout Pack.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A love for children
- Experience with early childhood development (preferred)
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills