FIND A JOB
Children, Youth, Young Adult Minister/Director of School Age Programs – Ocoee, FL
Position Description:This is a dual role position, with 80% of the time spent as Director of our School Age Programs (MBS - Before School, After School and Summer Camp), and 20% of the time spent as Ocoee Oaks Children, Youth and Young Adult Minister. Being in this unique position will allow the successful applicant to be a bridge between our preschool / school age programs and our church, for all those who are without a home church. Our children, youth and young adult pastor will be a leader who is gifted in teaching and has a passion to influence others for the kingdom. They will develop a strong understanding of our unique DNA and will work to seamlessly align the goals of our children, youth and young adult ministry into the overall goals of Ocoee Oaks UMC. The successful candidate will be able to express and share their thoughts of what a vibrant and healthy children, youth and young adult ministry looks like. They will be passionate about their call to ministry and demonstrate a willingness to engage in the lives of children and students, their families, and young adults. The successful candidate will have a history of experience as a strong communicator, with a background in recruiting, leading teams, and developing leaders.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with children, youth, young adults, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- An effective communicator that reaches an audience of all ages.
- Being familiar with the Orange philosophy of children, youth and family ministry would be a plus.
- Friendly and approachable disposition.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, core values, and beliefs of Ocoee Oaks UMC
- A committed Christian with a growing faith, and a passion for sharing that faith in a group setting with staff and Children.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach, develop and supervise a staff of at least 7 direct reports / volunteers.
- Proactive leader who can work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Well-Organized/able to work efficiently with multiple priorities
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft products and social media
- minimum 2-year College degree (Early Childhood Development or similar related degree preferred), CDA or equivalent experience in a related field (Non-profit experience preferred)
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain CDL License, and qualify to be listed as a church bus driver on the insurance policy
- Have or be able to obtain and maintain a Serve Safe certification.
- Possess and or will obtain in a period deemed reasonable, A/S Director and all other certifications required / expected by regulating agencies, oversight organizations and Senior Pastor.