FIND A JOB
Associate Pastor for Family Life – San Antonio, TX
Position Description:During 2023, our Elder Board evaluated all of the ministries of Fellowship Bible Church (FBC). We discovered that a major demographic was being neglected. This demographic is the age group 25 years old to 40 years old, specifically, young couples and families. Because this demographic is vital to the future of FBC, we seek a qualified Associate Pastor to significantly grow the number of members in this age group and develop programs to effectively minister to them and their needs. The man we hire as our Associate Pastor for Family Life will be responsible for providing the necessary outreach, leadership, discipleship, training, coaching, and program development required to achieve this mission. The goal is to create a caring and supportive culture that will attract families to attend worship service and become active, engaged members of Fellowship Bible Church. We intend to hire a man to fill this position as soon as possible. God willing, we will fill this position by June 1, 2024, at the latest. The key objectives this Associate Pastor is expected to achieve are:
- To encourage every member of FBC to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- To focus the efforts of every FBC ministry to foster the development of a Christian worldview within the family to live an adventure with Jesus actively. This includes families where the father is present as well as fatherless families. Whenever possible, engage fatherless children in activities where members of FBC can minister as father figures for these children.
- To evaluate and improve every FBC ministry to ensure that it teaches God’s biblical truths so that our men, women, and children are equipped to fight back against the relative humanism eroding the church’s moral foundation. As commanded by Ephesians 6:18, we must equip them to “Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil”. This means our members and their children must be so grounded in God’s Word and Truth that they can defend their faith, regardless of the consequences. We need to produce courageous warriors, not people so weak in their faith that they are tossed “to and fro” by the opinions or criticisms of the ungodly.
- To Implement programs that help FBC members learn their spiritual gifts and aid parents in becoming spiritual leaders in their own family leading them in prayer and bible studies.
- To significantly grow our membership in the 25 to 40-year-old demographic. These are the key objectives that must be achieved. This position will also achieve any other duties and ministry responsibilities that may be assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum of three (3) years of pastoral experience as an Associate or Youth Pastor.
- Master’s Degree preferred, preferably from a Seminary or Christian college or university with an emphasis on Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Discipleship, Education, or Church Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree may be considered based on experience, background, and study area.
- Experienced teacher and presenter who can bring practical life applications to the scriptures.
- Demonstrated experience guiding a seeker to become a baptized disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrated willingness to increase church membership through personal recruiting efforts as well as engaging members in outreach and growth efforts.