FIND A JOB
Associate Director of Youth Ministries – Englewood, CO
Position Description:Wellspring Church in Englewood, CO, seeks an Associate Director of Youth Ministries. Expectations include:
- Able to affirm the Wellspring Faith Essentials
- Be a mature disciple of Jesus, with the ability to care for yourself spiritually
- Have a deep love for and desire to disciple middle and high school students
- Initiate new ideas and learn quickly
- Advocate for the student ministry within all areas of church life
- Communicate openly, suggest new ideas, able to receive and act on feedback
- Ability to see the “big picture” while managing details
- Meet regularly with the Youth Pastor
- Attend “all staff” events, Participate in staff prayer
- Weekly attendance and involvement in Sunday worship at Wellspring
- Participate in church wide events when requested
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry team and the Parent Discipleship Pastor
- Participate in a discipleship Group for continued growth in personal discipleship and community
- Pursue relationships with students by spending time with students outside of church
- Actively develop relationships with students through student programming, attending student events, and meeting in one-on-one and small group settings
- Collaborate with the Youth Pastor in creating vision and strategy for the students and families to enter into active discipleship both in church and at home
- Create an environment where youth can encounter God, develop as disciples and are given chances to integrate faith into their daily lives
- Build systems and structures within student programming that promote trust, safety, and consistency for parents and visitors
- Recruit volunteers, and establish a rhythm of leadership and spiritual development with volunteers to execute vision and strategies with excellence.
- Create, prepare, and teach on a regular basis in different youth spaces (Sunday School, Small Groups, Discipleship Cohorts)
- Actively participate with the Youth Pastor and Parent Discipleship Pastor to equip parents to disciple their students.
- Lead students in the process of taking ownership in their own faith and spiritual formation.
- Lead the planning and execution of student specific activities and events
- Assist in the planning and execution of camps, retreats, and missions trips
- Cultivate a passion for worship and engagement in the larger church by integrating students into regular Sunday service
- Regularly communicate with and engage parents, youth and volunteers through the use of social media, email and effective communications.
- Develop and implement strategies to reach the youth of Englewood.
- Keep accurate records and reports of all spending and financial activity as it pertains to the student programing and events
- Actively participate in all-staff roles on Sunday mornings, specifically communion and prayer.
- Necessary camps, retreats and conferences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years ministry leadership experience
- Be a mature disciple of Jesus
- Established participation in a local church body
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer / software skills