FIND A JOB
Assistant Youth Director & Young Adult Coordinator – Knoxville, TN
Position Description:Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church is looking to hire someone for the following position: Are you a recent graduate, about to graduate, or just looking for a new opportunity? The Assistant Youth Director and Young Adult Coordinator will serve a) with the Director of Youth Ministries in all aspects of ministry with middle school and high school-aged youth, both already connected to our church and within our community, with the mission of growing a ministry that, in partnership with families, nurtures faith in Christ and love for his church and b) with the Associate Pastor for Missions, Outreach, and Fellowship in coordinating outreach and fellowship among current college students and young adults (ages 18-30) who grew up at SHPC or live in the neighboring community. Here is a little about Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church (PCUSA), a vibrant, multi-staffed, multigenerational congregation in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee, Our congregation of 300+ members is blessed to include young families, empty nesters, undergraduate and grad students from the University of Tennessee, active retirees, and single young adults. Additionally, on any given Sunday, we commonly have many visitors from out of town join us for worship. Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian church: Sequoyah Hills Presbyterian Church is constantly renewed by the gifts and energies of new people seeking a strong spiritual foundation and vitality that comes from faith in Jesus Christ. Our church has been actively involved in Christ’s work in the greater Knoxville community and beyond for over 70 years. We are a family of open-minded disciples of God who desire to grow daily in our faith and reliance in Him and ultimately want to make a difference in the world. This job offers a competitive salary (40-43k) and excellent medical benefits.
- A living faith in Jesus Christ and passion for serving the church.
- A Biblically oriented, relationship-driven servant with a heart for ministry and for students.
- Willingness to recruit and empower a dedicated group of youth leaders and volunteers.
- An attentiveness to his/her own spiritual, physical, and emotional well-being.
- An eagerness to initiate and develop relationships in various ages and stages of life (spanning 6th -12th grade among youth and roughly ages 18-30 among college and young adults).
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries and conduct among college students and/or young adults who may be around the same age.
- Familiarity with a Presbyterian or Reformed background preferred, but willingness to learn and serve in a Presbyterian context required.
- Ethical conduct.
- Stress management and composure.
- Teamwork orientation and willingness both to lead and to serve.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), database management, and other church business applications.