FIND A JOB
Assistant Director of Middle School Ministries – Solana Beach, CA
Position Description:Solana Beach Presbyterian Church is looking for our next Middle School Assistant Director to work with students and their families in coastal San Diego! We are looking for applicants who are passionate about Jesus, relational, spiritually disciplined, self-starting, and creative. Our church highly values intergenerational ministry, collaboration, and bridge-building. This person will:
- Maintain a high level of personal accountability including personal spiritual practices and a life consistent with being a disciple of Christ.
- Plan and execute middle school ministry programming including; mid-week programming, Sunday morning programs, small groups, mentoring, camps, mission trips, and special events.
- Support and encourage middle school ministry volunteers in their ministries to students.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with students and parents involved in the ministry.
- Engage with the adult congregation to help integrate students into the life of the church and adults into the lives of students.
- Reach out to local middle schools to invite local students into the church
- Collaborate and assist the student ministries team with planning and implementing special projects.
- Attend and facilitate trainings and meetings as assigned, including all staff meetings
- Other related duties as assigned by the Associate Pastor of Student Ministries
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to teach and preach in age-appropriate ways to middle school students
- Public speaking to groups of all sizes
- Strong understanding of youth culture
- High understanding and track record of maintaining healthy boundaries when working with students
- Personal spiritual practices
- Ability to collaboratively plan and execute youth programs -
- roficient in navigating emerging social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, et al.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with staff and lay leadership to achieve goals through changing times and when resources are limited. Patience, flexibility, tact, and diplomacy are necessary.
- At least one year applicable experience in a similar role in a Christian church or non-profit environment.
- Experience working in PC(USA) church or ministry.