Mts. Runn Baptist Church is looking to hire an exemplary Student Pastor to lead and guide our middle and high school students. The Student Pastor will strive to assist all students in their spiritual walk with God, encourage students to reach out into their community, and support them to develop their love for Him and for others.
The Student Pastor will attend student functions at schools, grow relationships within the community, and provide students and their families with biblical counseling. The Student Pastor will be considered an assistant pastor and will be expected to partner with the pastoral staff and assist in different functions within the church. He will be expected to be loyal to the Senior Pastor and the church.
To be successful in this position, you need to provide students with a place to belong that gives them the courage to be different and resilient to unhealthy peer pressure. Ideal candidates have a proficient understanding of the challenges young people face and are compassionate.
Student Pastor Responsibilities:
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Overseeing, growing, and coordinating the church’s student ministry.
- Designing, overseeing, and examining curriculum for all programs, events, and classes.
- Leading middle and high school students to encourage their spiritual growth.
- Interacting with students during Sunday services.
- Developing positive relationships with students and their parents.
- Sharing program plans through social media.
- Displaying a Christ-like approach and lifestyle, and praying regularly for young people in the church and community.
- Incorporating youth into various church ministries for His use.
- Growing students who are interested in the knowledge of God and His Word.
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Degree in theology, biblical studies, or youth ministry.
- Previous youth ministry experience (does not have to be full time).
- Proficient understanding of challenges and needs of young people.
- Excellent computer skills, and proficiency with social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Affinity for young people.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Available to work extended hours, evenings, over weekends and public holidays, and on short notice (this will not be abused).
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.