Seminole Heights UMC is looking for our next Family Ministries Director to lead children, youth, and their families in our historic and vibrant congregation and community. The Family Ministries Director is primarily responsible for the discipleship of children, youth, and their families through spiritual formation, outreach, and worship.
Spiritual Formation: Work with the pastor, lay leaders, and staff to implement current children and youth ministries and plan new ministry opportunities.
- Duties include but not limited to: creating weekly Children’s worship videos, planning and leading weekly Youth Group meetings, and overseeing Sunday morning children’s programming.
Outreach: Work with the pastor and lay leadership to expand small group offerings for children, youth, and families. Outreach
- Coordinate outreach events geared towards families, including but not limited to community movie nights, Vacation Bible School, and annual Easter and Christmas celebrations.
- Build and maintain relationships with local schools and Seminole Heights United Methodist Preschool, in addition to other community partners with ongoing engagement.
Worship: Plan and coordinate weekly Dinner Church services, as COVID allows with the pastor, lay leadership, and staff, assist in planning worship, including special services.
- Opportunities to lead could include reading in worship, participating in worship music, and preaching as appropriate to the candidate. d. Assist in running weekly worship livestream and engaging online worship viewers.
A candidate for the position of Family Ministries Director shall be grounded in basic Christian doctrine, having and professing faith in Jesus Christ.
- He/she shall be familiar and in consonance with Wesleyan theology, United Methodist Church Polity and practice.
- He/she must have a thorough understanding of and ability in working with students and their families and shall demonstrate managerial skills necessary to carry out their duties.
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.