Trinity United Methodist Church is looking for their next Director of Children’s Ministry.
Position Purpose: Provide opportunities for children (nursery age up to and including 5th grade) to grow in their faith and relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, and to provide a nurturing, safe environment that is beneficial and inviting to both parents and children.
- Plan, implement, and oversee weekly children’s programming including children’s church, nursery, and Sunday afternoon “Trinity Kids,” working to ensure that each program is well-organized, welcoming to children and parents, and combines healthy relationship-building fun with meaningful spiritual formation.
- Coordinate special seasonal events, including but not limited to: Vacation Bible School, Easter Egg Hunt, and Trunk or Treat.
- Maintain parent communication through email, website, social media, and Sunday morning announcements.
- Plan and perform short, engaging children’s moment during the 11 o’clock service.
- Maintain current volunteer network and recruit and train new volunteers as needed.
- Implement Safe Sanctuary training to all volunteers within the church.
- Maintain Trinity Kids information database.
- Act as a liaison between TUMC and Trinity Day School, finding creative ways to support and develop relationships with Day School families and inviting them to participate in Trinity Kids programs.
- Act as a liaison between the TUMC and the church’s resident Cub Scout Pack.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A love for children
- Experience with early childhood development (preferred)
- Completed Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to trinitykids@trinityumcsumter.