Word of Grace is a non-denominational church located in the town of Sheboygan Falls, WI about an hour north of Milwaukee. The church is led by Lead Pastor Stephen Maris who came on as the Lead Pastor just a few months ago, though has been a pastor on staff at Word of Grace for about 9 years.
The church currently has two services, while offering children’s ministries during the second service along with a casual, overflow space called “The Commons” each Sunday morning. Service times that are offered are at 8:45a and 10:45a, both of which are identical with a modern worship style.
Pre-COVID attendance ran around 450 each Sunday for their main worship services, and are almost seeing their pre-COVID numbers in attendance currently. The church is offering in-person and online live-streaming options for their Sunday morning experiences, with youth and kid’s ministries meeting in-person as well.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Family Pastor to oversee the vision and direction of their family ministries. This person will eventually oversee a part-time Youth Director and will be more hands-on overseeing the children’s ministry. The church believes their responsibility in family discipleship is twofold:
- To resource and equip parents as the primary discipleship influence in the lives of their children
- Aid in this discipleship by providing a safe and fun environment for kids and students to grow in their faith.
The Family Pastor will lead a family ministry strategy that helps children progress in their knowledge and love of God, more and more through each stage of their youth. The desire is to see strong, thriving, fun, and fruitful kids and youth ministries that are gospel-focused with equipped and confident leaders. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity to develop culture and grow the family ministries.
Below are the requirements and responsibilities Froot Group has identified for this role: KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Grace Kids (birth-5th grade)
- Cast vision for GraceKid’s Ministry consistent with Word of Grace’s vision and values.
- Executes, implements, and oversees all aspects of weekend GraceKid’s Ministry.
- Oversees creating or procuring and implementing a theologically sound curriculum for teaching children, birth-5th grade, with innovative and age-appropriate approaches.
- Determines and articulates educational goals for each grade level.
- Utilizes a team model of ministry that recruits, trains, and supervises GraceKid’s Ministry leaders.
- Creates a healthy, family-friendly approach to ministry that listens to parents, equips them to disciple their children, and engages them with one another through creative connecting points.
- Develops strategy and implements appropriate events (i.e., appreciation events, connecting activities, training opportunities, camp, milestone events) that build on Word of Grace’s vision for family ministry.
- Creates and oversees annual goals and strategy of GraceKid’s Ministry overall, including budget development and oversight.
- Oversees and develops team leaders through regular evaluation and support.
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to that budget. The Calling (6th-12th grade)Cast vision for The Calling Youth Ministry consistent with Word of Grace’s vision and values.
- Oversees The Calling by providing leadership, vision, inspiration and collaboration for Youth Pastor.
- Ensures that what’s taught in The Calling is both theologically sound and age appropriate.Determines and articulates spiritual development goals for each grade level.
- Oversees a team model of ministry that encourages the Youth Pastor to recruit, train, and inspire The Calling Youth Ministry leaders.
- Works with the Youth Pastor to help select a trustworthy summer camp to take the students to.
- Oversees annual goals and strategy of The Calling Youth Ministry overall, including budget development and oversight.
- Pastoral Must be willing and able to contribute to pastoral care along with other pastors.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Contribute to the overall success of discipleship in Word of Grace.
- Participate in Baptisms.
- Present at quarterly Leadership Meetings.Present at monthly membership luncheon with all pastors.
- Work with other pastors to plan and implement Family Worship Sundays.
- A mature and thriving relationship with Jesus.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
- Ability to lovingly lead, teach and shepherd children, parents, and leaders.
- Cultivates and creates a serving culture that mobilizes and empowers leaders who serve in GraceKid’s Ministry.
- Discernment in selecting leaders.
- Actively pursues feedback from children, students, parents, and leaders.
- Willingness to use technology to help the church further its ministry goals.
- Ability to engage people of all generations in the ministry of the church.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the mission and values of Word of Grace.
- Strong relationship skills.
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years ministry experience in some sort of family ministries capacity (youth, children, or family ministries executive).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- Reports to: Lead Pastor For more information, view the full church profile at frootgroup.com/wogfamily.
- Job Description: View the full CHURCH PROFILE here: frootgroup.com/wogfamily
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to Meggan at email@example.com or click apply now.