The River Church Community, a relevant, diverse ECC (Evangelical Covenant Church) congregation near downtown San Jose, CA, is seeking an authentic full-time Youth Pastor who is able to lead and equip a strong volunteer team to embrace the next generation of disciples.
The youth pastor’s responsibilities are three-fold:
- Provide long-term vision and infrastructure for a sustainable youth ministry that develops youth into lifelong disciples of Jesus.
- Lead and equip a team of youth staff, volunteers, and students who share ownership of the ministry.
- Shape content and programs that give youth the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need.
Qualifications for this position include:
- understanding of adolescent development
- experience working in a multicultural, multi economic, and multiracial environment
- ability to engage in tough issues with students, parents, and volunteers
- strong relational and organizational skills
- excellent communication skills, and proven ability to effectively lead 50-80 students on a regular basis.
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree or enrollment in a graduate program preferred) and related experience with youth.
Qualified candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to Elaine Pendergrass or click apply now.