The First Brethren Church of New Paris, Indiana, is seeking a part-time youth director for its youth ministry. The position requires at least ten (10) hours per week and has a salary of $5200/year.
First Brethren Church is a small church (average attendance about 50, youth attendance 10-15,) with a unique culture. We are looking for a candidate that not only feels called to youth ministry, but also shares our perspective of ministry.
Some descriptions of our church would be:
Relational- Strong family relationships are important within our church. Rather than being program driven, we are driven by a desire to fellowship, learn, and serve as a community. The ideal candidate will not see ministry as a “job” but rather feel called to be a part of this church community.
Neighborhood Church- Though we have several students who grew up in our church, most of the students in our youth ministry have families who do not regularly attend our church, but walk to the church from the surrounding neighborhood. The ideal candidate will be able to challenge students of all levels of spiritual maturity toward greater faith, and will foster a spirit of unity within the students who attend.
Responsibilities of the youth director are:
- Model Christ-centered life through personal devotions and corporate worship participation
- Help students develop mature faith through spiritual disciplines and through participation in the local church
- Plan and oversee youth outreaches, fellowship events, and service projects, with the input of the youth steering committee. An average of one event per month (outside of regular weekly meetings) is desired.
- Plan and oversee weekly youth group meetings
- Attend and/or promote youth conferences, retreats, and camps with youth to foster spiritual growth, including those sponsored by the Brethren Church
- Participate in overall ministry of First Brethren Church and encourage students to do likewise
- Organize and lead fundraising efforts as needed to benefit youth program
- Support and teach doctrine of the Brethren Church
- Meet with Senior Pastor regularly for prayer and mentorship and serve at the direction of the Church Board
- Communicate effectively to youth, parents, and the church regarding youth ministry events and goals
- Financial accountability over youth ministry, including budget, turning in ministry receipts, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references to Pastor Jeff Estep at email@example.com or call 574-370-8171 for more information. Upon being considered, applicants will need to pass a criminal background check and furnish a letter of recommendation from their current pastor.