Direct Care Staff are responsible for the engagement, supervision and guidance of teens at Hope Harbor, a ministry providing care and guidance for teens and parents, with particular emphasis on the development of resident goals in the Life Skills and Spiritual Growth components of the Hope Harbor program.
Direct Care Staff reports to the Site Director and may receive direction and supervision from Program Coordinator. Direct Care Staff will support resident’s forward movement in their educational and counseling goals.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct Care Responsibilities:
- Provide safe and consistent care to all residents in alignment with Hope Harbor ministry standards
- Knowledge of and adherence to procedures, policies and training
- Attend trainings and meetings regularly and review meeting postings and materials
- Communicate with supervisor and coworkers in a timely manner
- Complete thorough, accurate and timely logging in all areas.
- Knowledgeable of and contributes to each resident’s individual needs and programming recommendations
- Maintains security of the home and residents, is physically and mentally present providing quality care and engagement during shift work, provides fair and respectful treatment of all residents, knows the whereabouts of residents at all times and upholds resident basic rights
- Arrives prepared to supervise residents for each shift to provide successful and effective care, not survivalist care, through prayer, activity planning, training, communication, engagement of activity and other means
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Behavior management skills Discipline skills
- Problem Solving Required Qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age
- Pass a Background Check
- Passion for working with teens and families in a nonprofit, ministry setting Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong Christian faith and value
- Bachelor’s degree in Counseling, Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Ministry, or other related field
- Experience working with individuals who have mental health
- Experience with direct services, program development and/or case management
- Physical Qualifications: Able to climb stairs, be on your feet for 6-8 hours with short breaks, lift 10-20 lbs, and engage in light to moderate physical activity with residents during the course of normal daily program activities
Interested candidates, please your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or click apply now.